MEDIATORS: CDFA Services
WHY CHOOSE A CDFA?
- TOP MEDIATORS WILL PROVIDE THIS RESOURCE TO THEIR CLIENTS WHEN...FINANCIAL ASSETS GET IN THE WAY OF DECIDING ON OTHER ISSUES *
NON-COMPREHENSIVE MEDIATORS, AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE TO BE ABLE TO
PROVIDE A COMPLETE MEDIATION INCLUDING ALL DIVISION OF ASSETS & DEBTS ANALYSIS
- THE USE OF FUTURE PROJECTIONS BECOME A
COMPELLING AND OBJECTIVE RESOURCE PROVIDING ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO
SATISFYING INTERESTS AND ELIMINATING ARGUMENT BY CLARIFYING NUMBERS AND OPTIONS RELATED TO NUMBERS
- *footnote: as a Mediator myself, I have often experienced a couple who come to me with a mediated agreement ready to add the division of property only to discover how much decisions on division of property impact on all the other decisions they had made resulting in a rewriting of parts of the mediated agreement
SUPPORTING MEDIATORS AND THEIR CLIENTS AS A CDFA FOR MUTUAL GAIN BY ALL PARTIES
Here is a typical options chart most mediators develop with their clients somewhere along the way in the process. To make it effective several questions come to mind...
- Split what money - RRSP, PENSION, TFSA, AFTER SELLING THE HOUSE... ?
- What is the tax effect, the real value of the pension -now or in the future?
- How can an existing line of credit be used to consolidate with some trade offs between the couple?
- Putting money away for Timmy's education -although we agree, after income adjustments, support shifts in income, increased costs in medical/dental/drug programs, what does my budget allow for?
- What are our REAL options?
- NOTE: MR. KNIGHT does not perform as a mediator when hired as a CDFA by a mediator or mediator's clients
ADD A FOURTH PERSON TO THE MEDIATION TABLE (PROCESS)
As a CDFA who understands the mediation process, I have been providing mediator support in Alberta and B.C. The process usually involves a web conferencing session separately with each party using interactive financial software (similar to a court financial statement form). Clients complete and we discuss the need for support documents where needed. Later, they are each provided with an analysis of their budgets, taxes, income, assets, debts, net worth and working capital projections years into their futures. A non-bias financial analysis report is provided which includes: business and pension valuations, support options, investments and shares analysis, etc. Division of property options defined within the parameters of the law are provided. The 'real' numbers and the options can now be discussed through mediation. The CDFA provides an ongoing support available for further interactive consultation with the mediator and parties to assist. The advanced software can instantly generate the affect of options as they arise in mediation.
- NOTE: MR. KNIGHT does not perform as a mediator when hired as a CDFA by a mediator or mediated clients