mediator serves you best when they have a strong and varied background
of experiences and training in: family and people dynamics, legal
issues, financial issues and most of all marriage and separation life
skills. Edwin Knight is a comprehensive mediator with several years
of experience in mediation specializing in separation agreements and many other types of family issues.
Ed's extensive background includes:
- Justice Institute of B.C. -trained in mediation, family law, family issues, separation & divorce, spousal and child support, and...
- A Certified Financial Analyst trained in matters of debt and property separation including pension division, effect of taxes on division of assets, future projections of net worth, working capital, and net cash flow.
- Legal Education -Civil & Family Law - Humber College, & Centennial College, Toronto
- Mediation Experience
- - 2004-08 Knight Litigation & Mediation Services, Welland, ON
- -2012-2016 Alberni Family Mediation & CDFA, Port Alberni, B.C.
- Teachers' Federation Experience: 2002 - 2007 -Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation representative, mediation and negotiation at the schools level.
- General Education: Hon.B.A. Group Dynamics & Dramatic Arts, Windsor University, and Brock Teachers' College, St.Catharines,ON
- Teacher for 28 years: Law, Conflict Resolution, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts, Civics..
- Professional Director: several years in professional and community theatre, director of Theatre Now Theatre School, theatre manager, workshop leader
- Family Life: father of 4 children, married 33 years, second marriage, mixed family of two marriages with a special needs child. Mediation
of disputes within the family have been a good reality check. I have
learned many of my mediation skills through my wife, my children and her
- (meets the professional requirements set out B.C. Reg. 347/2012 PT 3 -4(2))
- Family Mediation Canada, FMC member 2408
- Divorce Financial Analyst Institute, IDFA member 101982